We offer all risks cover for goods in transit and cover on a fire, collision, overturning and theft only basis. We provide essential cover for any transporter, with competitive rates and excesses.
We cover a wide range of commodities and will specially underwrite the policy according to the specific risk. Offering various load limits.
• Cover is on a first loss basis – no average applied.
• Driver fidelity included – not applicable to owner drivers. Additional excess applicable.
• R15 000.00 Tarps and lines cover included on a fire, collision and overturning basis.
• Loading and offloading included on all risk cover.
• Standard containers are included in the load limit – reefers to be added at an additional premium.
• Competitive rates and excess structure.
• Inter branch transfers.
• We offer incidental storage for up to a maximum of 72 hours.
• Debris removal included – refer to On Road Solutions under Benefits for more information.
Examples of commodities we cover:
Copper, shipping containers, petroleum, hazchem commodities, fresh produce, used cargo, ex imported cargo and livestock
Cover in the event that a sub-contractor underlying policy fails to respond.
The back-up plan you can’t afford to be without.
*Please note, cover is applicable to the first sub-contractor only.
VALUE ADDED PRODUCTS
EXCESS BUY BACKS
We have the facility to reduce the client’s excess, inclusive of the standard excess and the theft and hi jack additional excesses. Inner excess applicable which will be risk profile dependant.
DETERIORATION OF STOCK
Additional cover for deterioration of stock due to incorrect temperature settings can be purchased. The cover is subject to the policy holder being responsible for setting the temperature. Deterioration of stock due to breakdown or malfunction is included in the standard policy.
CONTAMINATION OF STOCK
We offer contamination of stock as an extension as this is excluded from the standard policy. The cover is subject to underwriting approval and will cover the policy holder for contamination of stock whilst in transit.
Standard containers are included on our policy, Reefer’s need to be specified to be added to cover at an additional premium.
VALUE ADDED BENEFITS
ON ROAD SOLUTIONS
R10 000.00 death benefit for on duty drivers
A value-added benefit available to Transit policy holders.
*Terms & Conditions Apply.
By contacting the 24-hour call centre Transit policy holders will benefit from the R150 000.00 per incident extension. The following is included:
• Debris removal
• Side tank diesel spillage clean-up costs
• Securing of loads through load shifting
• On road repacking of cargo
• No excess applicable
This cover refers to the clean-up of non-hazardous cargo. The cover does not extend to UN listed products.
Cover only applicable if the call centre is contacted immediately. Failure to contact the call centre will result in the standard limits listed on the schedule being applied.